3 of 32 portraits of Alexander Wedderburn, 1st Earl of Rosslyn (Lord Loughborough)
by James Gillray, published by W. Renegal
hand-coloured etching, published 15 May 1780
9 7/8 in. x 13 7/8 in. (251 mm x 353 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- John Stuart, 3rd Earl of Bute (1713-1792), Prime Minister. Sitter in 12 portraits.
- King George III (1738-1820), Reigned 1760-1820. Sitter associated with 182 portraits.
- William Murray, 1st Earl of Mansfield (1705-1793), Judge. Sitter in 15 portraits.
- Alexander Wedderburn, 1st Earl of Rosslyn (Lord Loughborough) (1733-1805), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 32 portraits.
Artistsback to top
Exhibitions and displays
- Favourites: Art and Power, 1600-1800
Until 1 September 2015