11 of 63 portraits of William Petty, 1st Marquess of Lansdowne
by James Gillray, published by Elizabeth d'Achery
hand-coloured etching, published 2 August 1782
9 7/8 in. x 13 3/4 in. (250 mm x 349 mm) plate size; 10 in. x 14 in. (255 mm x 356 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Edward Conway (active late 1700s), Canon of Christchurch; fourth son of 1st Marquess of Hertford. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Henry Seymour Conway (1719-1795), Field Marshal. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Charles James Fox (1749-1806), Whig statesman. Sitter associated with 299 portraits.
- Francis Seymour-Conway, 1st Marquess of Hertford (1718-1794), Courtier and politician. Sitter in 8 portraits.
- Isabella Seymour-Conway (nee Fitzroy), Marchioness of Hertford (1726-1782), Wife of Francis Seymour Conway, 1st Marquess of Hertford. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- William Petty, 1st Marquess of Lansdowne (1737-1805), Prime Minister and patron of the arts. Sitter associated with 63 portraits.