12 of 103 portraits of Edmund Burke
by James Gillray, published by William Humphrey
hand-coloured etching, published circa June 1782
9 5/8 in. x 13 1/2 in. (243 mm x 342 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- John Dunning, 1st Baron Ashburton (1731-1783), Solicitor-General. Sitter in 14 portraits.
- Edmund Burke (1729 or 1730-1797), Statesman. Sitter associated with 103 portraits.
- Charles James Fox (1749-1806), Whig statesman. Sitter associated with 299 portraits.
- King George III (1738-1820), Reigned 1760-1820. Sitter associated with 182 portraits.
- Augustus Keppel, Viscount Keppel (1725-1786), Admiral. Sitter associated with 29 portraits.
- William Petty, 1st Marquess of Lansdowne (1737-1805), Prime Minister and patron of the arts. Sitter associated with 63 portraits.
- Charles Lennox, 3rd Duke of Richmond and Lennox (1735-1806), Field Marshal, ambassador to France and politician; Secretary of State for the Southern Department. Sitter in 26 portraits.
- John Wilkes (1725-1797), Politician; MP and agitator. Sitter associated with 47 portraits, Artist associated with 1 portrait.