9 of 14 portraits of John Dunning, 1st Baron Ashburton
by John Boyne, published by Edward Hedges
etching, published 22 December 1783
10 1/2 in. x 13 3/8 in. (266 mm x 340 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- John Dunning, 1st Baron Ashburton (1731-1783), Solicitor-General. Sitter in 14 portraits.
- Edmund Burke (1729 or 1730-1797), Statesman. Sitter associated with 103 portraits.
- Frederick Howard, 5th Earl of Carlisle (1748-1825), Politician and diplomat. Sitter associated with 26 portraits.
- Lord John Cavendish (1732-1796), Politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 11 portraits.
- Charles James Fox (1749-1806), Whig statesman. Sitter associated with 299 portraits.
- Frederick North, 2nd Earl of Guilford (1732-1792), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 63 portraits.
- Augustus Keppel, Viscount Keppel (1725-1786), Admiral. Sitter associated with 29 portraits.
- William Petty, 1st Marquess of Lansdowne (1737-1805), Prime Minister and patron of the arts. Sitter associated with 66 portraits.
- William Henry Cavendish Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland (1738-1809), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 30 portraits.
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751-1816), Dramatist and parliamentary orator. Sitter associated with 163 portraits.