4 of 14 portraits of George Rose
by James Gillray, published by Samuel William Fores
hand-coloured etching, published 2 May 1788
12 1/2 in. x 17 1/2 in. (319 mm x 446 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Henry Bathurst, 2nd Earl Bathurst (1714-1794), Lord Chancellor. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Edmund Burke (1729 or 1730-1797), Statesman. Sitter associated with 103 portraits.
- Frederick Howard, 5th Earl of Carlisle (1748-1825), Politician and diplomat. Sitter associated with 26 portraits.
- Edward Smith Stanley, 12th Earl of Derby (1752-1834), Sportsman and patron of horse-racing. Sitter associated with 64 portraits.
- Charles James Fox (1749-1806), Whig statesman. Sitter associated with 299 portraits.
- King George III (1738-1820), Reigned 1760-1820. Sitter associated with 182 portraits.
- Augustus Henry Fitzroy, 3rd Duke of Grafton (1735-1811), Prime Minister. Sitter in 26 portraits.
- Warren Hastings (1732-1818), Governor-General of India. Sitter associated with 46 portraits.
- William Petty, 1st Marquess of Lansdowne (1737-1805), Prime Minister and patron of the arts. Sitter associated with 66 portraits.
- David Murray, 2nd Earl of Mansfield (1727-1796), Diplomat and statesman. Sitter in 19 portraits.
- Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville (1742-1811), Statesman. Sitter associated with 80 portraits.
- Charles Howard, 11th Duke of Norfolk (1746-1815), Politician; MP for Carlise and Arundel. Sitter associated with 55 portraits.
- William Pitt (1759-1806), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 167 portraits.
- William Henry Cavendish Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland (1738-1809), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 30 portraits.
- George Rose (1744-1818), Statesman. Sitter associated with 14 portraits.
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751-1816), Dramatist and parliamentary orator. Sitter associated with 162 portraits.
- Thomas Townshend, 1st Viscount Sydney (1733-1800), Statesman. Sitter in 14 portraits.
- Edward Thurlow, Baron Thurlow (1731-1806), Lord Chancellor. Sitter in 36 portraits.