5 of 50 portraits of Hon. William Windham
by James Gillray, published by Samuel William Fores
hand-coloured etching, published 20 May 1788
10 3/8 in. x 17 1/2 in. (264 mm x 446 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Edmund Burke (1729 or 1730-1797), Statesman. Sitter associated with 103 portraits.
- Frederick Howard, 5th Earl of Carlisle (1748-1825), Politician and diplomat. Sitter associated with 26 portraits.
- Edward Smith Stanley, 12th Earl of Derby (1752-1834), Sportsman and patron of horse-racing. Sitter associated with 64 portraits.
- Charles James Fox (1749-1806), Whig statesman. Sitter associated with 299 portraits.
- Sir Philip Francis (1740-1818), Whig politician and pamphleteer. Sitter in 16 portraits.
- David Murray, 2nd Earl of Mansfield (1727-1796), Diplomat and statesman. Sitter in 18 portraits.
- William Henry Cavendish Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland (1738-1809), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 30 portraits.
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751-1816), Dramatist and parliamentary orator. Sitter associated with 162 portraits.
- Hon. William Windham (1750-1810), Politician; Secretary at War. Sitter associated with 50 portraits.