20 of 37 portraits of Edward Thurlow, Baron Thurlow
by James Gillray, published by Samuel William Fores
hand-coloured etching, published 20 May 1788
10 3/8 in. x 17 1/2 in. (265 mm x 443 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Richard Pepper Arden, 1st Baron Alvanley (1744-1804), Judge. Sitter in 14 portraits.
- King George III (1738-1820), Reigned 1760-1820. Sitter associated with 183 portraits.
- Marian Hastings (née Anna Maria Apollonia Chapuset) (1747-1837), Former wife of Baron von Imhoff, and later second wife of Warren Hastings. Sitter in 7 portraits.
- Warren Hastings (1732-1818), Governor-General of India. Sitter associated with 46 portraits.
- Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville (1742-1811), Statesman. Sitter associated with 80 portraits.
- William Pitt (1759-1806), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 169 portraits.
- Sophia Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (1744-1818), Queen consort of George III. Sitter associated with 83 portraits.
- Thomas Townshend, 1st Viscount Sydney (1733-1800), Statesman. Sitter in 14 portraits.
- Edward Thurlow, Baron Thurlow (1731-1806), Lord Chancellor. Sitter in 37 portraits.
Related shop items
- Monarchs Ruler
- Magnetic Monarchs
- A Guide to the National Portrait Gallery (paperback)
- National Portrait Gallery Kings & Queens (paperback)
- The Romantic Poets and their Circle Companion
- A Portrait of Fashion: Six Centuries of Dress at the National Portrait Gallery
- The Kings and Queens of England Poster
- Kings and Queens of England Mug
- Prime Ministers Mug