3 of 13 portraits of Dudley Ryder, 1st Earl of Harrowby
by James Gillray, published by Hannah Humphrey
hand-coloured etching, published 30 May 1798
10 1/4 in. x 14 1/4 in. (259 mm x 363 mm) plate size; 10 5/8 in. x 15 in. (270 mm x 380 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 116 portraits.
- Dudley Ryder, 1st Earl of Harrowby (1762-1847), Statesman. Sitter associated with 13 portraits.
- William Pitt (1759-1806), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 168 portraits.
- George Tierney (1761-1830), Politician; MP for Southwark and Knaresborough. Sitter associated with 49 portraits.
- George Walpole (1758-1835), Soldier. Sitter in 8 portraits.
Artistsback to top
Exhibitions and displays
- Simon Schama’s Face of Britain
Until 4 January 2016