18 of 48 portraits of Robert Jenkinson, 2nd Earl of Liverpool
by and published by James Gillray
hand-coloured etching and aquatint, published 19 January 1803
10 in. x 14 1/8 in. (254 mm x 358 mm) plate size; 10 5/8 in. x 14 in. (271 mm x 357 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 166 portraits.
- Robert Jenkinson, 2nd Earl of Liverpool (1770-1828), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 48 portraits.
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751-1816), Dramatist and parliamentary orator. Sitter associated with 162 portraits.
- Henry Addington, 1st Viscount Sidmouth (1757-1844), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 66 portraits.
- George Tierney (1761-1830), Politician, MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 48 portraits.
Artistback to top
- James Gillray (1756-1815), Caricaturist. Artist associated with 881 portraits, Sitter in 7 portraits.