18 of 44 portraits of Francis Rawdon-Hastings, 1st Marquess of Hastings
by James Gillray, published by Hannah Humphrey
hand-coloured etching, published 20 November 1804
10 in. x 14 in. (254 mm x 356 mm) plate size; 10 3/8 in. x 14 5/8 in. (264 mm x 371 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- King George III (1738-1820), Reigned 1760-1820. Sitter associated with 183 portraits.
- King George IV (1762-1830), Regent 1811-19; Reigned 1820-30. Sitter associated with 193 portraits.
- Francis Rawdon-Hastings, 1st Marquess of Hastings (1754-1826), Army officer and Politician, Governor-General of India. Sitter in 44 portraits.
- William Pitt (1759-1806), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 168 portraits.
- Sophia Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (1744-1818), Queen consort of George III. Sitter associated with 82 portraits.
Artistsback to top
Exhibitions and displays
- Simon Schama’s Face of Britain
Until 4 January 2016