20 of 74 portraits of Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, 3rd Marquess of Lansdowne
by James Gillray, published by Hannah Humphrey
hand-coloured etching, published 16 February 1806
13 3/4 in. x 9 3/4 in. (350 mm x 247 mm) plate size; 14 6/8 in. x 10 1/2 in. (372 mm x 266 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Richard Temple-Nugent-Brydges-Chandos-Grenville, 1st Duke of Buckingham and Chandos (1776-1839), Statesman and print collector. Sitter associated with 39 portraits.
- Edward Law, 1st Baron Ellenborough (1750-1818), Lord Chief Justice. Sitter in 17 portraits.
- Thomas Erskine, 1st Baron Erskine (1750-1823), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 67 portraits.
- Charles James Fox (1749-1806), Whig statesman. Sitter associated with 299 portraits.
- William Wyndham Grenville, 1st Baron Grenville (1759-1834), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 67 portraits.
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 167 portraits.
- Francis Rawdon-Hastings, 1st Marquess of Hastings (1754-1826), Army officer; Politician. Sitter in 44 portraits.
- Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, 3rd Marquess of Lansdowne (1780-1863), Politician. Sitter associated with 74 portraits.
- William Pitt (1759-1806), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 167 portraits.
- Henry Addington, 1st Viscount Sidmouth (1757-1844), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 66 portraits.
- Hon. William Windham (1750-1810), Statesman. Sitter associated with 50 portraits.