20 of 44 portraits of Francis Rawdon-Hastings, 1st Marquess of Hastings
by James Gillray, published by Hannah Humphrey
hand-coloured etching and aquatint, published 7 August 1804
13 3/4 in. x 19 5/8 in. (348 mm x 500 mm) plate size; 14 1/8 in. x 20 1/2 in. (360 mm x 521 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Sir Robert Adair (1763-1855), Diplomat. Sitter associated with 7 portraits.
- Francis Russell, 5th Duke of Bedford (1765-1802), Whig politician and agriculturalist. Sitter associated with 44 portraits.
- William Bosville (1745-1813), Bon vivant. Sitter in 10 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 114 portraits.
- Frederick Howard, 5th Earl of Carlisle (1748-1825), Politician and diplomat. Sitter associated with 26 portraits.
- Sir William Curtis, 1st Bt (1752-1829), Lord Mayor of London. Sitter in 10 portraits.
- Edward Smith Stanley, 12th Earl of Derby (1752-1834), Sportsman and patron of horse-racing. Sitter associated with 64 portraits.
- Thomas Erskine, 1st Baron Erskine (1750-1823), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 67 portraits.
- Charles James Fox (1749-1806), Whig statesman. Sitter associated with 298 portraits.
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 169 portraits.
- Francis Rawdon-Hastings, 1st Marquess of Hastings (1754-1826), Army officer and Politician, Governor-General of India. Sitter in 44 portraits.
- Thomas Tyrwhitt Jones (1765-1811), Politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter in 8 portraits.
- William Petty, 1st Marquess of Lansdowne (1737-1805), Prime Minister and patron of the arts. Sitter associated with 66 portraits.
- George Boulton Mainwaring (born 1773?), Politician; MP for Middlesex. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Charles Howard, 11th Duke of Norfolk (1746-1815), Politician; MP for Carlise and Arundel. Sitter associated with 55 portraits.
- Hugh Percy, 2nd Duke of Northumberland (1742-1817), Soldier and politician. Sitter associated with 8 portraits.
- William Pitt (1759-1806), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 168 portraits.
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751-1816), Dramatist and parliamentary orator. Sitter associated with 162 portraits.
- George John Spencer, 2nd Earl Spencer (1758-1834), First Lord of the Admiralty. Sitter associated with 30 portraits.
- George Tierney (1761-1830), Politician; MP for Southwark and Knaresborough. Sitter associated with 49 portraits.
- John Horne Tooke (1736-1812), Radical politician; MP and philologist. Sitter associated with 49 portraits.
- George Walpole (1758-1835), Soldier. Sitter in 8 portraits.