by Ida Kar
2 1/4 inch square film negative, 1959
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Ida Kar (1908-1974), Photographer. Artist associated with 1508 portraits, Sitter in 137 portraits.
This portraitback to top
In 1956 Kasmin became Kar's assistant, often encouraging her to photograph writers that he was eager to meet such as T.S. Eliot. Kar photographed Kasmin at his home, 18 Fouberts Place, London. On the fireplace are a Ben Nicholson relief, African combs and a pre-Columbian pot.
- Weekend Workshop: The Quest for Reality: Giacometti & Uglow
From 14 November, 11:00
- Sunday Session: Abandoning the Real
1 November, 13:00
- Lecture: Giacometti: Pure Presence
12 November, 19:00
- Lecture: Inside Giacometti’s Studio
22 October, 19:00