5 of 10 portraits of Oliver Goldsmith
by John Summerfield, by Robert Newton, published by William Cribb, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
line engraving, published 4 June 1817 (1770)
10 1/8 in. x 7 3/8 in. (258 mm x 188 mm) paper size
Bequeathed by (Frederick) Leverton Harris, 1927
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- William Cribb (circa 1789-1870), Carver and gilder; picture dealer; print dealer and publisher. Artist associated with 29 portraits.
- Robert Newton (active circa 1817). Artist associated with 4 portraits.
- Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792), Painter and first President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 1413 portraits, Sitter associated with 38 portraits.
- John Summerfield (died 1817?). Artist associated with 2 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Favourites: Art and Power, 1600-1800
Until 26 July