14 of 14 portraits of Paul Sandby
by Henry Landseer, published by T. Cadell & W. Davies, after William Evans, after Sir William Beechey
stipple engraving, published 4 December 1809 (exhibited 1789)
15 in. x 13 in. (380 mm x 330 mm) plate size; 15 3/8 in. x 13 1/4 in. (390 mm x 336 mm) paper size
Bequeathed by (Frederick) Leverton Harris, 1927
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Paul Sandby (1725-1809), Watercolour painter and engraver and a founder of the Royal Academy of Arts. Sitter in 14 portraits, Artist associated with 4 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Sir William Beechey (1753-1839), Portrait painter. Artist associated with 250 portraits, Sitter in 7 portraits.
- T. Cadell & W. Davies (active 1795-1817), Publishers. Artist associated with 234 portraits.
- William Evans (active 1797-1856), Draughtsman and engraver. Artist associated with 103 portraits.
- Henry Landseer (active 1809-1825). Artist associated with 2 portraits.