4 of 6 portraits of George Romney
by and published by William Bond, published by Longman & Co, published by Josiah Taylor, after Sir Martin Archer Shee
stipple and line engraving, published 1 March 1810
11 7/8 in. x 10 in. (303 mm x 253 mm) plate size; 12 1/2 in. x 10 1/2 in. (319 mm x 268 mm) paper size
Bequeathed by (Frederick) Leverton Harris, 1927
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- George Romney (1734-1802), Portrait painter. Sitter associated with 6 portraits, Artist associated with 157 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- William Bond (active 1772-1827), Engraver. Artist associated with 53 portraits.
- Longman & Co (active 1806-1839), Publishers. Artist associated with 25 portraits.
- Sir Martin Archer Shee (1769-1850), Portrait painter and President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 85 portraits, Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Josiah Taylor (1761-1834), Bookseller and publisher. Artist associated with 5 portraits.