by Francesco Bartolozzi, published by John Boydell, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
stipple engraving, published 3 September 1780 (circa 1777-1778)
11 7/8 in. x 9 3/4 in. (303 mm x 249 mm) paper size
Bequeathed by (Frederick) Leverton Harris, 1927
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Angelica Kauffmann (1741-1807), Painter. Sitter in 7 portraits, Artist associated with 21 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Francesco Bartolozzi (1727-1815), Engraver. Artist associated with 164 portraits, Sitter in 16 portraits.
- John Boydell (1720-1804), Engraver and printseller. Artist associated with 127 portraits, Sitter in 13 portraits.
- Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792), Painter and first President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 1413 portraits, Sitter associated with 38 portraits.
Related worksback to top
Exhibitions and displays
- Favourites: Art and Power, 1600-1800
Until 1 September 2015