17 of 23 portraits of Samuel Rogers
by Henry Meyer, published by Thomas Cadell the Elder, after Sir Thomas Lawrence
stipple engraving, published 16 August 1822 (1769-1830)
14 5/8 in. x 12 5/8 in. (372 mm x 322 mm) paper size
Bequeathed by (Frederick) Leverton Harris, 1927
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Samuel Rogers (1763-1855), Poet, banker and art connoisseur. Sitter in 23 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Thomas Cadell the Elder (1742-1802), Publisher and bookseller. Artist associated with 20 portraits, Sitter in 4 portraits.
- Sir Thomas Lawrence (1769-1830), Portrait painter, collector and President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 683 portraits, Sitter in 25 portraits.
- Henry Meyer (1782?-1847), Portrait painter and engraver. Artist associated with 278 portraits.
Related worksback to top
Exhibitions and displays
- Painting Parliament: The Fine Arts Commission 1841 – 1863
Until 10 May
- Thomas Carlyle: Historian of Heroes
Until 30 March
- Exhibition Tour: Wellington: Triumphs, Politics and Passions
30 April, 19:30