13 of 14 portraits of Matthew Boulton
by Anthony Cardon, published by T. Cadell & W. Davies, after William Evans, after Sir William Beechey
stipple engraving, published 7 February 1812 (1799)
15 1/8 in. x 12 1/8 in. (385 mm x 308 mm) plate size; 16 1/8 in. x 13 in. (409 mm x 331 mm) paper size
Given by Sir Herbert Henry Raphael, 1st Bt, 1916
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Matthew Boulton (1728-1809), Industrialist and entrepreneur. Sitter in 14 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Sir William Beechey (1753-1839), Portrait painter. Artist associated with 249 portraits, Sitter in 7 portraits.
- T. Cadell & W. Davies (active 1795-1817), Publishers. Artist associated with 234 portraits.
- Anthony Cardon (1772-1813), Engraver and print publisher. Artist associated with 65 portraits.
- William Evans (active 1797-1856), Draughtsman and engraver. Artist associated with 103 portraits.