3 of 4 portraits of Edward Alleyn
by Thomas Nugent, published by Edward Evans, after Silvester Harding, after Unknown artist
stipple engraving, published March 1792 (1626)
10 1/8 in. x 8 in. (257 mm x 202 mm) plate size; 12 3/4 in. x 9 7/8 in. (324 mm x 250 mm) paper size
Given by Sir Herbert Henry Raphael, 1st Bt, 1916
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Edward Alleyn (1566-1626), Actor and founder of Dulwich College. Sitter associated with 4 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Edward Evans (1789-1835), Printseller. Artist associated with 14 portraits.
- Silvester Harding (1745-1809), Artist and publisher. Artist associated with 215 portraits.
- Thomas Nugent (active 1790-1793), Engraver. Artist associated with 9 portraits.
- Unknown artist. Artist associated with 6263 portraits.