7 of 11 portraits of Edward Jenner
by William Say, published by Thomas Palser, after James Northcote
mezzotint, published 20 August 1804
16 7/8 in. x 12 1/8 in. (429 mm x 307 mm) paper size
Given by Sir Herbert Henry Raphael, 1st Bt, 1916
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Edward Jenner (1749-1823), Surgeon; discoverer of vaccination. Sitter in 11 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- James Northcote (1746-1831), Painter; pupil and biographer of Sir Joshua Reynolds. Artist associated with 103 portraits, Sitter associated with 23 portraits.
- Thomas Palser (active 1803-1843), Publisher. Artist associated with 15 portraits.
- William Say (1768-1834), Mezzotint engraver. Artist associated with 261 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
Placesback to top
- Place made: United Kingdom: England, London (Surry Side, Westminster Bridge, London)