2 of 137 portraits of Ida Kar
by Jorge ('J.S.') Lewinski
bromide print, July 1965
16 3/8 in. x 13 1/2 in. (416 mm x 343 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Ida Kar (1908-1974), Photographer. Sitter in 137 portraits, Artist associated with 1508 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Jorge ('J.S.') Lewinski (1921-2008), Photographer. Artist of 103 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
This portraitback to top
The National Portrait Gallery acquired the Ida Kar archive in 1999 including approximately 700 vintage prints and over 10,000 negatives.
- Weekend Workshop: The Quest for Reality: Giacometti & Uglow
From 14 November, 11:00
- Sunday Session: Abandoning the Real
1 November, 13:00
- Lecture: Giacometti: Pure Presence
12 November, 19:00
- Lecture: Inside Giacometti’s Studio
22 October, 19:00