1 portrait of William Petty, 1st Marquess of Lansdowne
by James Sayers, published by Charles Bretherton
etching, published 17 July 1782
10 7/8 in. x 9 in. (276 mm x 228 mm) plate size; 14 1/2 in. x 11 in. (367 mm x 280 mm) paper size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Pilgrim Trust, 1966
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- John Dunning, 1st Baron Ashburton (1731-1783), Solicitor-General. Sitter in 14 portraits.
- Isaac Barré (1726-1802), Soldier and politician; MP for Wycombe and Calne. Sitter associated with 19 portraits.
- Edmund Burke (1729 or 1730-1797), Statesman. Sitter associated with 103 portraits.
- Charles James Fox (1749-1806), Whig statesman. Sitter associated with 299 portraits.
- William Petty, 1st Marquess of Lansdowne (1737-1805), Prime Minister and patron of the arts. Sitter associated with 67 portraits.