by Caroline Watson, published by John Boydell, published by Josiah Boydell, after Gilbert Stuart
stipple engraving, published 1786 (circa 1785)
8 5/8 in. x 6 3/8 in. (219 mm x 163 mm) plate size; 10 1/4 in. x 7 5/8 in. (259 mm x 195 mm) paper size
Given by Sir Herbert Henry Raphael, 1st Bt, 1916
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Benjamin West (1738-1820), History painter and President of the Royal Academy. Sitter associated with 43 portraits, Artist associated with 39 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- John Boydell (1720-1804), Engraver and printseller. Artist associated with 127 portraits, Sitter in 13 portraits.
- Josiah Boydell (1752-1817), Artist and publisher. Artist associated with 66 portraits.
- Gilbert Stuart (1755-1828), Painter. Artist associated with 60 portraits.
- Caroline Watson (1760 or 1761-1814), Printmaker. Artist associated with 30 portraits.