19 of 19 portraits of William Hogarth
by Benjamin Smith, published by John Boydell, and published by Josiah Boydell, after William Hogarth
stipple engraving, published 4 June 1795 (1745)
15 5/8 in. x 11 3/4 in. (398 mm x 300 mm) plate size; 17 5/8 in. x 13 3/4 in. (447 mm x 350 mm) paper size
Given by Sir Herbert Henry Raphael, 1st Bt, 1916
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- William Hogarth (1697-1764), Painter and engraver. Sitter associated with 19 portraits, Artist associated with 125 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- John Boydell (1720-1804), Engraver and printseller. Artist associated with 127 portraits, Sitter in 13 portraits.
- Josiah Boydell (1752-1817), Artist and publisher. Artist associated with 66 portraits.
- William Hogarth (1697-1764), Painter and engraver. Artist associated with 125 portraits, Sitter associated with 19 portraits.
- Benjamin Smith (circa 1754-1833), Engraver, printseller and publisher. Artist associated with 16 portraits.