8 of 8 portraits of Thomas Gainsborough
by Francesco Bartolozzi, published by John Boydell, and published by Josiah Boydell, after Thomas Gainsborough
stipple engraving, published 1 January 1798 (1787-1788)
10 in. x 8 in. (254 mm x 202 mm) plate size; 13 1/8 in. x 10 3/8 in. (334 mm x 263 mm) paper size
Given by Sir Herbert Henry Raphael, 1st Bt, 1916
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Thomas Gainsborough (1727-1788), Portrait and landscape painter. Sitter in 8 portraits, Artist associated with 262 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Francesco Bartolozzi (1727-1815), Engraver. Artist associated with 161 portraits, Sitter in 16 portraits.
- John Boydell (1720-1804), Engraver and printseller. Artist associated with 126 portraits, Sitter in 13 portraits.
- Josiah Boydell (1752-1817), Artist and publisher. Artist associated with 66 portraits.
- Thomas Gainsborough (1727-1788), Portrait and landscape painter. Artist associated with 262 portraits, Sitter in 8 portraits.