3 of 9 portraits of Princess Amelia
by Francesco Bartolozzi, published by J.F. Tomkins, after Sir Thomas Lawrence
stipple engraving, published 1 March 1792
10 in. x 7 1/2 in. (255 mm x 190 mm) plate size; 14 1/2 in. x 10 in. (370 mm x 253 mm) paper size
Given by Sir Herbert Henry Raphael, 1st Bt, 1916
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- Francesco Bartolozzi (1727-1815), Engraver. Artist associated with 164 portraits, Sitter in 16 portraits.
- Sir Thomas Lawrence (1769-1830), Portrait painter, collector and President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 683 portraits, Sitter in 25 portraits.
- J.F. Tomkins (active 1790-1799), Publisher. Artist associated with 7 portraits.
- Portrait of the Day: George IV and his Wives
14 September, 12:00
- Portrait of the Day: Princess Caroline and the trial of the century
3 September, 12:00