The Wedding of Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips
The Wedding of Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips
by Norman Parkinson
colour print, 14 November 1973
10 1/2 in. x 13 1/2 in. (267 mm x 342 mm)
Given by Norman Parkinson, 1981 in conjunction with the NPG exhibition 'Norman Parkinson: 50 Years of Portraits and Fashion'
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Norman Parkinson (1913-1990), Photographer. Artist of 240 portraits, Sitter in 13 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy (1936-), Cousin of Queen Elizabeth II; wife of Sir Angus Ogilvy. Sitter in 76 portraits.
- Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone (1883-1981), Granddaughter of Queen Victoria and diplomatic service wife. Sitter in 26 portraits.
- Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester (1901-2004), Wife of Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester; daughter of 7th Duke of Buccleuch and 9th Duke of Queensberry. Sitter in 133 portraits.
- Prince Andrew, Duke of York (1960-), Second son of Queen Elizabeth II. Sitter associated with 35 portraits, Artist of 5 portraits.
- Princess Anne (1950-), Equestrian sportswoman; daughter of Queen Elizabeth II, Princess Royal. Sitter in 113 portraits.
- Anne-Marie of the Hellenes (née Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark) (1946-), Wife of Constantine II of the Hellenes; daughter of King Frederick IX of Denmark. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Queen Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard of Orange-Nassau (1938-), Queen of the Netherlands, 1980-; daughter of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Prince Charles (1948-), Prince of Wales. Sitter in 140 portraits.
- Lady Sarah Frances Elizabeth Chatto (née Armstrong-Jones) (1964-), Daughter of Princess Margaret Rose and 1st Earl of Snowdon. Sitter in 7 portraits.
- Prince Claus of the Netherlands (né Claus Georg Wilhelm Otto Friedrich Gert von Amsberg) (1926-2002), Diplomat; husband of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Constantine II of the Hellenes (1940-), King of the Hellenes, 1964-74. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (1921-), Consort of Elizabeth II. Sitter associated with 209 portraits.
- Prince Edward Antony Richard Louis, Earl of Wessex (1964-), Third son of Queen Elizabeth II. Sitter in 26 portraits.
- Queen Elizabeth II (1926-), Queen regnant. Sitter associated with 907 portraits.
- Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother (1900-2002), Queen of George VI. Sitter associated with 520 portraits.
- Birgitte Eva Van Deurs (née Henriksen), Duchess of Gloucester (1946-), Wife of 2nd Duke of Gloucester; daughter of Asger Preben Wissing Henriksen. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Eric Grounds, Captain. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- King Harald V of Norway (1937-), Son of King Olav V of Norway. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Juan Carlos I, King of Spain (1938-), King of Spain (1975-). Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Katharine Lucy Mary Worsley, Duchess of Kent (1933-), Wife of 2nd Duke of Kent. Sitter in 29 portraits.
- David Albert Charles Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley (1961-), Furniture designer; son of Princess Margaret Rose and 1st Earl of Snowdon. Sitter in 9 portraits.
- Princess Margaret (1930-2002), Daughter of George VI; Countess of Snowdon. Sitter associated with 268 portraits.
- Prince Michael of Kent (1942-), Cousin of Queen Elizabeth II. Sitter in 16 portraits.
- Louis Mountbatten, Earl Mountbatten of Burma (1900-1979), Admiral of the Fleet. Sitter in 66 portraits.
- Marina Victoria Alexandra Mowatt (née Ogilvy) (1966-), Wife of Paul Julian Mowatt; daughter of Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy and Sir Angus Ogilvy. Sitter in 4 portraits.
- Sir Angus James Bruce Ogilvy (1928-2004), Council and trustee of the Prince's Trust. Sitter in 20 portraits.
- James Robert Bruce Ogilvy (1964-), Son of Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy and Sir Angus Ogilvy. Sitter in 5 portraits.
- Anne Patricia Phillips (née Tiarks) (1926-1988), Wife of Peter William Garside Phillips; daughter of Gerhard Edward Tiarks; mother of Captain Mark Phillips. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Captain Mark Anthony Peter Phillips (1948-), Horse rider and equestrian consultant; husband of Princess Anne. Sitter in 5 portraits.
- Peter William Garside Phillips (1920-1998), Soldier; father of Captain Mark Phillips. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Sarah Anne Phillips (1951-), Daughter of Peter William Garside Phillips; sister of Captain Mark Phillips. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester (1944-), Cousin of Queen Elizabeth II. Sitter in 29 portraits, Artist associated with 2 portraits.
- George Philip Nicholas Windsor, Earl of St Andrews (1962-), Son of Duke and Duchess of Kent. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Lord Snowdon (1930-), Photographer; former husband of Princess Margaret. Sitter in 17 portraits, Artist of 276 portraits.
- Queen Sofía of Spain (1938-), Wife of King Juan Carlos I of Spain; daughter of King Paul I of Greece. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Queen Sonja of Norway (1937-), Wife of King Harald V of Norway; daughter of Karl Haraldsen. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Lady Helen Marina Lucy Taylor (née Windsor) (1964-), Daughter of Duke of Kent. Sitter in 4 portraits.
- Lord Nicholas Charles Edward Jonathan Windsor (1970-), Son of Duke of Kent. Sitter in 3 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Snowdon: A Life in View
Until 21 June
- The Face of Monarchy
- The Queen's Golden Jubilee
- My Favourite Portrait by Tristram Hunt
- Blow Up: Sixties Photography Exposed
- Photographic holdings - prints Collections
- Photographs by Snowdon: A Retrospective
- Private View
- Snowdon: Iconic Images
- My Favourite Portrait by Harriet Walter
- Surreal and Solarised Photographs