Indian Civil servants
1 of 3 portraits of Sir John Charles Ardagh
Indian Civil servants
by Bourne & Shepherd
albumen panel card, circa 1890
7 1/2 in. x 11 1/2 in. (191 mm x 292 mm) overall
Given by Unknown source
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Sir John Charles Ardagh (1840-1907), Major-General and engineer. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Sir David Miller Barbour (1841-1928), Administrator in India and writer on monetary issues. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Lord William Leslie de la Poer Beresford (1847-1900), Secretary to the Viceroy of India. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- George Percy Brasier-Creagh (1864-1900), Army captain; Aide-de-camp to the Viceroy of India. Sitter associated with 1 portrait.
- Sir Edward Charles Buck (1838-1916), Civil servant in Bengal, India. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Sir George Tomkyns Chesney (1830-1895), Indian Civil servant. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Sir Edwin Henry Hayter Collen (1843-1911), Major-General and civil servant. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Sir Charles Alfred Elliott (1835-1911), Indian Civil servant. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Stephen Harvey-James (1849-1897), Civil servant in India. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Sir Philip Perceval Hutchins (1838-1928), Indian Civil servant. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Henry Charles Keith Petty-Fitzmaurice, 5th Marquess of Lansdowne (1845-1927), Viceroy of India and Foreign Secretary. Sitter in 28 portraits.
- Antony Patrick Macdonnell, 1st Baron Macdonnell of Swinford (1844-1925), Indian Civil servant and Chief Commissioner. Sitter in 7 portraits.
- Robert Charles Boileau Pemberton (1834-1914), Army officer and civil servant in India. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Frederick Sleigh Roberts, 1st Earl Roberts (1832-1914), Field Marshal. Sitter in 78 portraits.
- Sir Andrew Richard Scoble (1831-1916), Indian Governor-General. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Edward James Sinkinson (1849-1891), Civil servant in India. Sitter associated with 1 portrait.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Levitt, Sarah, Fashion in Photographs 1880-1900, 1991, p. 47
Exhibitions and displays
- Old Titles and New Money: American Heiresses and the British Aristocracy
Until 1 August 2015