by Lady Ottoline Morrell
vintage snapshot print, June 1926
4 1/4 in. x 2 3/4 in. (107 mm x 69 mm) image size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Dame Helen Gardner Bequest, 2003
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Virginia Woolf (née Stephen) (1882-1941), Novelist and critic; sister of Vanessa Bell. Sitter in 63 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Lady Ottoline Morrell (1873-1938), Patron of the arts; half-sister of 6th Duke of Portland; wife of Philip Edward Morrell. Artist associated with 1700 portraits, Sitter associated with 595 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Spalding, Frances, Virginia Woolf: Art, Life and Vision, 2014 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 10 July 2014 - 26 October 2014), p. 135
- Spalding, Frances, Insights: The Bloomsbury Group, 2005, p. 34
- Spalding, Frances, The Bloomsbury Group, 2013, p. 32
- Spalding, Frances, The Bloomsbury Group, 2013, p. 36
Placesback to top
- Place made and portrayed: United Kingdom: England, Oxfordshire (Garsington Manor, Oxfordshire)