15 of 113 portraits of Aldous Huxley
by Lady Ottoline Morrell
vintage snapshot print, 1916
4 in. x 2 1/4 in. (101 mm x 56 mm) image size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Dame Helen Gardner Bequest, 2003
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Lady Ottoline Morrell (1873-1938), Patron of the arts; half-sister of 6th Duke of Portland; wife of Philip Edward Morrell. Artist associated with 1699 portraits, Sitter associated with 595 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- (Arthur) Clive Heward Bell (1881-1964), Art critic. Sitter in 29 portraits.
- Anthony Birrell (born 1892), Son of Augustine Birrell. Sitter in 5 portraits.
- Augustine Birrell (1850-1933), Politician; MP for West Fife and Bristol North, barrister, academic and author. Sitter in 53 portraits.
- Hon. Dorothy Eugénie Brett (1883-1977), Painter; daughter of 2nd Viscount Esher. Sitter in 35 portraits, Artist of 1 portrait.
- Aldous Huxley (1894-1963), Novelist. Sitter in 113 portraits.
- Bertrand Arthur William Russell, 3rd Earl Russell (1872-1970), Philosopher, mathematician and social reformer. Sitter in 113 portraits.
- Sir John Tresidder Sheppard (1881-1968), Provost of King's College, Cambridge. Sitter in 19 portraits.
- (Giles) Lytton Strachey (1880-1932), Critic and biographer; son of Sir Richard Strachey. Sitter in 143 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.
- Julian Ottoline Vinogradoff (née Morrell) (1906-1989), Former wife of Sir Victor Goodman, and later wife of Igor Vinogradoff; daughter of Lady Ottoline Morrell. Sitter in 409 portraits, Artist associated with 2 portraits.