7 of 39 portraits of L.P. Hartley
by Lady Ottoline Morrell
vintage snapshot print, 1923
5 3/8 in. x 3 1/4 in. (138 mm x 82 mm) image size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Dame Helen Gardner Bequest, 2003
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Lady Ottoline Morrell (1873-1938), Patron of the arts; half-sister of 6th Duke of Portland; wife of Philip Edward Morrell. Artist associated with 1696 portraits, Sitter associated with 595 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Lord David Cecil (1902-1986), Scholar, teacher and writer. Sitter associated with 74 portraits.
- Sylvester Govett Gates (1901-1972). Sitter associated with 16 portraits.
- Hon. Robert Gathorne-Hardy (1902-1973), Author; son of 3rd Earl of Cranbrook. Sitter associated with 48 portraits, Artist of 1 portrait.
- Leslie Poles ('L.P.') Hartley (1895-1972), Novelist and critic. Sitter associated with 39 portraits.
- Clifford Henry Benn Kitchin (1895-1967), Novelist. Sitter associated with 3 portraits.
- Philip Charles Thomson Ritchie (died 1927). Sitter in 19 portraits.
- Edward Sackville-West, 5th Baron Sackville (1901-1965), Writer and music critic. Sitter associated with 38 portraits.