8 of 29 portraits of Anthony Asquith
by Lady Ottoline Morrell
vintage snapshot print, 1923
2 1/8 in. x 3 in. (55 mm x 75 mm) image size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Dame Helen Gardner Bequest, 2003
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Anthony Asquith (1902-1968), Film director; youngest son of Herbert Henry Asquith, 1st Earl of Oxford and Asquith. Sitter associated with 29 portraits.
- Thomas Stearns ('T.S.') Eliot (1888-1965), Poet. Sitter in 66 portraits.
- Leslie Poles ('L.P.') Hartley (1895-1972), Novelist and critic. Sitter associated with 39 portraits.
- Edward Sackville-West, 5th Baron Sackville (1901-1965), Writer and music critic. Sitter associated with 38 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Lady Ottoline Morrell (1873-1938), Patron of the arts; half-sister of 6th Duke of Portland; wife of Philip Edward Morrell. Artist associated with 1695 portraits, Sitter associated with 595 portraits.
- Bloomsbury and Beyond
- Only Connect - T.S. Eliot <> Herbert Wells
- Only Connect - T.S. Eliot <> Igor Stravinsky
- Only Connect - T.S. Eliot <> Ludwig van Beethoven
- Only Connect - T.S. Eliot <> Sir Michael Tippett
- Only Connect - T.S. Eliot <> Barbara Hepworth
- Only Connect
- Only Connect - installation video
- Photographic holdings - prints Collections
- Photographic holdings - Albums 163-228
- Photographically Illustrated Periodicals