1 portrait of Goldsworthy Lowes Dickinson
by Lady Ottoline Morrell
vintage snapshot print, June 1923
2 1/2 in. x 3 3/4 in. (64 mm x 95 mm) image size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Dame Helen Gardner Bequest, 2003
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Lady Ottoline Morrell (1873-1938), Patron of the arts; half-sister of 6th Duke of Portland; wife of Philip Edward Morrell. Artist associated with 1699 portraits, Sitter associated with 595 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Lord David Cecil (1902-1986), Scholar, teacher and writer. Sitter in 74 portraits.
- Goldsworthy Lowes Dickinson (1862-1932), Philosopher. Sitter associated with 29 portraits.
- Leslie Poles ('L.P.') Hartley (1895-1972), Novelist and critic. Sitter in 39 portraits.
- Philip Edward Morrell (1870-1943), Politician; husband of Lady Ottoline Morrell. Sitter associated with 191 portraits, Artist associated with 341 portraits.
- Edward Sackville-West, 5th Baron Sackville (1901-1965), Writer and music critic. Sitter associated with 38 portraits.
- (Giles) Lytton Strachey (1880-1932), Critic and biographer; son of Sir Richard Strachey. Sitter in 138 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.
- Julian Ottoline Vinogradoff (née Morrell) (1906-1989), Former wife of Sir Victor Goodman, and later wife of Igor Vinogradoff; daughter of Lady Ottoline Morrell. Sitter in 409 portraits, Artist associated with 2 portraits.
- Virginia Woolf (née Stephen) (1882-1941), Novelist and critic; sister of Vanessa Bell. Sitter in 63 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
Until 31 August
Related shop items
- Virginia Woolf: Art, Life and Vision Catalogue (Paperback)
- A Guide to the National Portrait Gallery (paperback)
- A Guide to Victorian & Edwardian Portraits (paperback)
- Virginia Woolf by Geroge Charles Beresford Postcards
- Famous Faces Playing Cards
- Virginia Woolf Fridge Magnet
- Virginia Woolf by George Charles Beresford Mini-print