19 of 39 portraits of L.P. Hartley
by Lady Ottoline Morrell
vintage snapshot print, 1924
2 3/8 in. x 3 7/8 in. (61 mm x 98 mm) image size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Dame Helen Gardner Bequest, 2003
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Lord David Cecil (1902-1986), Scholar, teacher and writer. Sitter in 74 portraits.
- Jean de Menasce (1902-1973), Dominican Order Priest; writer and academic. Sitter in 10 portraits.
- Leslie Poles ('L.P.') Hartley (1895-1972), Novelist and critic. Sitter in 39 portraits.
- William David Hogarth (1901-1965), Son of David George Hogarth. Sitter associated with 3 portraits.
- Gilbert Spencer (1892-1979), Painter. Sitter in 43 portraits, Artist of 1 portrait.
Artistback to top
- Lady Ottoline Morrell (1873-1938), Patron of the arts; half-sister of 6th Duke of Portland; wife of Philip Edward Morrell. Artist associated with 1709 portraits, Sitter associated with 596 portraits.
Placesback to top
- Place made and portrayed: United Kingdom: England, Oxfordshire (Garsington Manor, Oxfordshire)