5 of 17 portraits of Dora Carrington
by Lady Ottoline Morrell
vintage snapshot print, 1917
2 3/8 in. x 1 1/4 in. (60 mm x 33 mm) image size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Dame Helen Gardner Bequest, 2003
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Dora Carrington (1893-1932), Artist. Sitter in 17 portraits, Artist associated with 10 portraits.
- Herbert Henry Asquith, 1st Earl of Oxford and Asquith (1852-1928), Prime Minister. Sitter in 69 portraits.
- Alix Strachey (née Sargant-Florence) (1892-1973), Psychologist and translator; wife of James Strachey. Sitter in 32 portraits, Artist associated with 10 portraits.
- (Giles) Lytton Strachey (1880-1932), Critic and biographer; son of Sir Richard Strachey. Sitter in 137 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Lady Ottoline Morrell (1873-1938), Patron of the arts; half-sister of 6th Duke of Portland; wife of Philip Edward Morrell. Artist associated with 1696 portraits, Sitter associated with 595 portraits.