16 of 19 portraits of Isaac Barré
by G.F. Storm, printed by S.H. Hawkins, published by John Britton, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
mezzotint, published 1847 (1787-1788)
9 in. x 11 in. (228 mm x 279 mm) plate size; 11 1/2 in. x 15 7/8 in. (291 mm x 402 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- John Dunning, 1st Baron Ashburton (1731-1783), Solicitor-General. Sitter in 14 portraits.
- Isaac Barré (1726-1802), Soldier and politician, MP for Wycombe and Calne. Sitter associated with 19 portraits.
- William Petty, 1st Marquess of Lansdowne (1737-1805), Prime Minister and patron of the arts. Sitter associated with 63 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- John Britton (1771-1857), Antiquary and topographer. Artist associated with 6 portraits, Sitter in 3 portraits.
- S.H. Hawkins (active 1841-1848), Printer. Artist associated with 9 portraits.
- Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792), Painter and first President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 1413 portraits, Sitter associated with 38 portraits.
- G.F. Storm (active mid 19th century), Engraver. Artist associated with 7 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Favourites: Art and Power, 1600-1800
Until 1 September