6 of 8 portraits of Arthur Paul Gore, 7th Earl of Arran
by Lady Ottoline Morrell
vintage snapshot print, 1925
3 1/8 in. x 5 1/8 in. (80 mm x 131 mm) image size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Dame Helen Gardner Bequest, 2003
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Arthur Paul Gore, 7th Earl of Arran (1903-1958), Author and translator. Sitter in 8 portraits.
- William Henry Smith, 3rd Viscount Hambleden (1903-1948), Governing Director of W.H. Smith & Son Ltd. Sitter in 27 portraits.
- Hon. James Frederick Arthur ('Jimmy') Smith (1906-), Director of W. H. Smith & Son and Lieutenant-Colonel; son of 2nd Viscount Hambleden. Sitter in 18 portraits.
- Julian Ottoline Vinogradoff (née Morrell) (1906-1989), Former wife of Sir Victor Goodman, and later wife of Igor Vinogradoff; daughter of Lady Ottoline Morrell. Sitter in 409 portraits, Artist associated with 2 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Lady Ottoline Morrell (1873-1938), Patron of the arts; half-sister of 6th Duke of Portland; wife of Philip Edward Morrell. Artist associated with 1700 portraits, Sitter associated with 595 portraits.
Placesback to top
- Place made and portrayed: United Kingdom: England, Oxfordshire (The Red Room, Garsington Manor, Oxfordshire)