11 of 30 portraits of Anthony Asquith
by Lady Ottoline Morrell
vintage snapshot print, 1925
2 7/8 in. x 4 1/2 in. (72 mm x 115 mm) image size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Dame Helen Gardner Bequest, 2003
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Anthony Asquith (1902-1968), Film director; youngest son of Herbert Henry Asquith, 1st Earl of Oxford and Asquith. Sitter associated with 30 portraits.
- Lord David Cecil (1902-1986), Scholar, teacher and writer. Sitter in 74 portraits.
- Margaret Emma Alice ('Margot') Asquith (née Tennant), Countess of Oxford and Asquith (1864-1945), Society hostess; second wife of 1st Earl of Oxford and Asquith; daughter of Sir Charles Tennant, 1st Bt. Sitter in 51 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Lady Ottoline Morrell (1873-1938), Patron of the arts; half-sister of 6th Duke of Portland; wife of Philip Edward Morrell. Artist associated with 1700 portraits, Sitter associated with 595 portraits.
Placesback to top
- Place made and portrayed: United Kingdom: England, Berkshire (The Wharf, Sutton Courtney, Berkshire)