Interviews with artists and sitters
These resources include transcriptions of video interviews with sitters and artists on the Portrait Explorer in the Digital Space and on the Audio Guide and interviews with photographers for the website. All explore how contemporary portraits were realised. Transcriptions of historic recordings from the National Sound Archive of the voices of well-known sitters in the Gallery's collection are also included on the Audio Guide.
Transcripts of interviews with sitters on the Portrait Explorer and Audio Guide.
Transcripts of interviews with artists on the Portrait Explorer and Audio Guide.
Transcripts of historic recordings with sitters from the National Sound Archive on the Audio Guide.
Transcripts of interviews with photographers on the Portrait Explorer and website.
Flash interviews with audio
- Lynn Seymour (NPG 6222)
- Zandra Rhodes (NPG 6221)
- Bobby Charlton (NPG 6140)
- John Mortimer (NPG 6160)
- Jean Elizabeth Muir (NPG 6425)
- Alan Bennett (NPG 6186)
- Glenda Jackson (NPG 6224)
- Darcey Bussell (NPG 6252)
- Dame Anita Lucia Roddick (NPG 6335)
- Germaine Greer (NPG 6351)
- P.D. James (NPG 6361)
- Helen Mirren (NPG 6415)
- George Melly (NPG 6439)
- Jonathan Miller (NPG 6492)
- Robert Maurice Lipson Winston, Baron Winston (NPG 6519)
- Sir John Hurt (NPG 6541)
- Neil Kinnock; Glenys Kinnock (NPG 6583)
- Mo Mowlam (NPG 6468)