Tom Miller interview
Tom Miller works as a freelance photographer based in Britain. His portrait photography has featured in the major national newspapers and magazines, including the Telegraph, Guardian and Sunday Times. His work has been included in the National Portrait Gallery's John Kobal Photographic Portrait Award, and in 2002 was one of three photographers commissioned by the gallery to explore the nature of professional partnerships for the exhibition Managing Partners.
Date: 9 January 2003
Questions for Tom Miller
- How did you approach photographing Alan Bennett in his house?
- Could you talk about the Managing Partners project?
- Could you choose the sitters or were they given to you?
- Were there any particular problems in photographing double portraits?
- Which one did you enjoy the most?
- Was it fun photographing Trevor Baylis surrounded by all his bits and pieces?
- How conscious is symbolism, such as the bright light in the portrait of David Blunkett?