Letter from 5th Marquess of Lansdowne - 19 July 1920
Letter from 5th Marquess of Lansdowne, dated 19 July 1920, enclosing payment and arranging the return of "stage properties" - presumably the sitter's Garter robes
BERKELEY SQUARE, W.
19 July 20
Dear Mr de Laszlo
Your kind letter has not entirely removed my misgivings, but after what you are good enough to write there is no more to be said.
I enclose a cheque for the amount of my debt to you (£210).
Lady Lansdowne and I are both more than grateful to you. She is really immensely pleased with the treasure which she has acquired - the picture will be hers.
I am sending the chair this morning & my servant will call for the "stage properties" this afternoon.
- Correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Learn more about Philip de László
- Guide to the correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Other archive material relating to Philip de László in the National Portrait Gallery
- Other sources of information about Philip de László
- Selected letters of Philip de László