Letter from Arthur James Balfour - 24 July 1908
Letter from Arthur James Balfour, dated 24 July 1908, enclosing payment for his portrait
4, CARLTON GARDENS,
July 24th 1908
My dear Mr. Laszlo
I have great pleasure in enclosing a cheque for £350.
The picture is admitted on all hands to be an admirable one, and, when you come over to Whittingehame from Gosford, I hope you
will find it hanging among those of other members of my family!
With very many thanks and hoping soon to see you.
Arthur James Balfour
- Correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Learn more about Philip de László
- Guide to the correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Other archive material relating to Philip de László in the National Portrait Gallery
- Other sources of information about Philip de László
- Selected letters of Philip de László