Letter from de László to Lord Haldane's sister - 6th July 1929
Letter from Philip de László, dated 6th July 1929, to Lord Haldane's sister concerning the purchase of his portrait of Haldane by the National Portrait Gallery
Dear Miss Haldane
As I already have mentioned to you the portrait of Lord Haldane is an expression of my respect & friendship towards Lord Haldane. If the Trustees of the National Portrait Gallery have the desire to acquire, it will certainly give me every satisfaction.
I hope we shall meet again shortly & that meanwhile you have seen the portrait in the new premises of the French Gallery in Bond St. which is splendid.
|More Philip de László letters||Disclaimer|
- Correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Learn more about Philip de László
- Guide to the correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Other archive material relating to Philip de László in the National Portrait Gallery
- Other sources of information about Philip de László
- Selected letters of Philip de László