Patrons provide much appreciated financial support, enabling the National Portrait Gallery to undertake key activities including special exhibitions.
Through a stimulating events programme and a range of exclusive benefits, Patrons enjoy a close relationship with the Gallery, while extending their knowledge of British life, history and culture.
Exclusive Patron events for you and a guest include:
- private drinks receptions, followed by Patrons Evening Preview tours of all major exhibitions, with the Director or a curator
- private breakfasts in the Portrait Restaurant, followed by guided tours of exhibitions
- special events to complement exhibitions and displays, including the Literary Lunch Series, talks, and private guided tours of related arts organisations
- behind-the-scenes Gallery tours of areas not normally open to the public, including the Archive and the Framing and Conservation Studios
- small group visits to artists' studios
- visits to see items from the Gallery's Collection on loan at various locations and at regional partnerships
- 3 complimentary catalogues a year
- acknowledgement in the Gallery's Annual Review
- unlimited free entry to ticketed exhibitions, with no need to pre-book
- 10% discount in the Gallery's Bookshop, Gift Shop, Portrait Restaurant and Café.
- advanced notice and concessionary price on public programme events
- Face to Face, the Gallery's quarterly newsletter, mailed directly to you