From just £45 per year, Membership means you can take full advantage of a wide range of fantastic benefits while helping us sustain and bring to life the most extensive collection of portraits in the world. It is your way of becoming a part of the National Portrait Gallery.
Please note: Due to the popularity of Sargent: Portraits of Artists and Friends we are experiencing a high volume of Membership enquiries. We aim to respond to all enquiries within three working days. However, if you wish to become a Member to gain immediate access to the exhibition, please join online and print off your confirmation email – this can be exchanged for a temporary Membership Card at the main desk upon arrival and used for entry into the exhibition. If you are unable to speak to a member of the team, please leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Your Membership Benefits
- Free, unlimited and priority entry to all exhibitions – no need to book
Invitations for you and a guest to attend Members’ previews and private views
- 10% discount in the Portrait Restaurant, Portrait Café, Gift Shops and Bookshop
Priority booking and concessions on our events programme
- Receive Face to Face supporters’ magazine, What’s On guide and Members’ enewsletter
10% Members discount does not apply to all retail products and offers. Terms and conditions apply.
Give the gift of unlimited free exhibitions, special events and discounts for a whole year...It’s the ultimate present for history and art lovers – 500 years of inspiration and discovery in one card.
You can select the Membership type you would like to give and provide us with your gift recipient's details by clicking on the "Gift Membership" button at the top or bottom of this page. The gift comes specially packaged, with the option of a personal message.
If you would like to pick up a gift pack in person, please call us in advance on 020 7321 6283.
Experience even more with Membership Plus
Enjoy all the benefits of being a Member, plus special invitations to two main Evening Private Views and a Breakfast Private View, along with a complimentary catalogue. From just £180 per year, Membership Plus gives you access to a greater number of inspiring events, enabling you to get closer to the Gallery.
- Pay online by clicking on one of the blue buttons at the top and bottom of this page.
- Make a card payment over the phone by calling us on 020 7321 6283.
- Pay by card or cheque at the Membership desk in the Gallery’s main hall.
Gift Aid your Membership at no extra cost to you
The National Portrait Gallery is a charity, and Gift Aid is a great way to support us even further. For every £1 you give through your Membership, we can claim 25p in addition from HM Revenue and Customs at no extra cost to you. Consent to Gift Aid and you will be giving the Gallery at least an extra £11.25 a year through your Membership.
You can do this in the following ways:
- When you buy or renew your Membership online, simply select the Gift Aid declaration box during the checkout process.
- Download a declaration form and return it to us at Membership Office, National Portrait Gallery, St Martin’s Place, London WC2H 0HE.
For further information, please contact the Membership team:
General enquiries: email@example.com / 020 7321 6283
Members' events: firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7321 6283
Please allow 14 days for delivery of your Welcome Pack and Membership Card.