Community and Outreach
Booking Advice for Community and Outreach Groups
We welcome group visits to the National Portrait Gallery and outreach requests. Please read these guidelines before booking in order to plan a successful visit to the Gallery for you and your group.
Advance booking is essential for all groups, for all taught sessions
We require a minimum of four weeks notice. Please do not come to the Gallery without booking, as we cannot guarantee that there will be space for your group.
To make a booking: You can email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the booking line (020 7306 0055 extension 387) on a Tuesday or Thursday from 09.00 – 16.00. Please have the following information available when making a booking:
- preferred date and time of your visit or outreach session with a range of possible alternatives
- the number of participants and accompanying group leaders
- the type of session require and any topics or themes you are interested in
- the age range and ability of your group
- any special educational needs or access requirements
- Full name, address, telephone and email details for your group
- If you are booking an outreach session you will need to send us a copy of your site Risk Assessment / Health and Safety Policy. Please e-mail any queries to email@example.com.
Confirmation letter: Once you have made a booking we will send you a confirmation letter. If you are having a taught session you will need to read, sign and return the group confirmation form. Please bring your copy of your confirmation letter with you on the day of your visit.
Cancellation fee: Our taught sessions are free, but we reserve the right to charge a fee for non-attendance or cancellation at short notice without good reason.
Admission charges: Admission to the Gallery is free. Some temporary exhibitions have an admission charge, please check when booking. Pre-booked group are entitled to a reduced group ticket rate.
Timing: Be punctual and ready to start at your booked time, especially if you are having a taught session. When planning your day allow plenty of time for your journey to and from the Gallery.
No Lunchroom: We regret that there are no facilities for eating packed lunches at the Gallery.