The military, social and art histories of the First World War are explored through a range of talks, workshops and live music taking place at the Gallery. In 2016 the programme will mark the anniversary of the Battle of the Somme and in 2018 it will commemorate the end of the war and the immediate post-war period.
1 event matching the search term The Great War in Portraits
- Late Shift||Talks and Lectures
- Buy tickets
Become a Member for as little as £50 and enjoy FREE, unlimited entry to all exhibitions and discounts on ticketed events.
Other benefits include:
• Invitations to Members-only private views
• Discounts in the Portrait Restaurant and Gallery Shops
• Priority booking for special events
• Regular updates and exclusive offers
Paul Moorhouse, the curator of the exhibition, explores the development of Hodgkin's portraiture, and considers the role of memory and emotion in the artist's representation of people.