Film Movement in Light: The Art of Movement
Past event archive
28 March 2013, 19:00-20:00
Ondaatje Wing Theatre
- Film||Late Shift
A screening of treasures from the Dada era including Man Ray’s La Retour à La Raison (1923), Hans Richter’s Rhythmus 21 (1921) and many others. Exploring ideas of abstraction, subversion and movement with live musical accompaniment by arts collective Collectress.
Collectress are an all-female quartet of artists, musicians and researchers who experiment with the deconstruction and reconstruction of classical shapes and forms.
- Rhythmus 21, by Hans Richter (1921)
- Symphonie Diagonale, by Viking Eggeling (1924)
- Opus II, by Walther Ruttmann (1921)
- Opus III , by Walther Ruttmann (1924)
- Light Play, by Laszlo Moholy-Nagy (1932)
- La Retour à La Raison, by Man Ray (1923)
- Ghosts Before Breakfast, by Hans Richter (1928)
- Entr' acte, by Rene Clair (1924)
All films screened in their original 16mm format.
Curated and introduced by Ben Pritchard, Cinematograph
Film Club, Dalston.
Seats for our free events are allocated on a first come,
first served basis and are subject to availability.
(Programme subject to change)