Lecture: Creative Connections: Capturing Ealing Studios

Past event archive
24 July 2014, 19:00

Ondaatje Wing Theatre

Free

  • Late Shift||Lecture
Jack Hawkins stops to chat to the commissionaire at Ealing Studios while filming Touch and Go in 1955
© Studio Canal/BFI National Archive

Nigel Arthur, Stills Curator at BFI National Archive, presents a history of Ealing Studios, Britain's longest running film and television studio, through film clippings and archive photographs.

The film location at Ealing Green in West London started in 1902 and continues to make film and television programmes to this day.

Nigel Arthur presents a history of Ealing Studios, Britain's longest running film and television studio, through film clippings and archive photographs. He provides an insight to the studio famed for comedy and drama, in particular the Ealing comedies which include classics like Passport to Pimlico 1949, The Lavender Hill Mob 1951 and The Ladykillers 1955.

Seats for our free lectures are allocated on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability.


See all Late Shift events